Introduction: Pet Urine Disinfectant & Deodorizer
We all have gone through the struggle of potty training our pet and no matter what we do we can't avoid accidents from happening, especially in the first months.
So I made this instructable to share how I managed to sterilized and eliminated odors of urine and poop. :)
Apologies to @Wizard188 apparently these solutions causes stains on fabric and carpets. So please be careful in using these mixture. I only use these solutions on cement and tile/ceramic surfaces. If you intend to use these on other surfaces please research or ask an expert first.
Step 1: What You Need:
For the Disinfectant:
1. 8oz Alcohol
2. 2oz Water
3. 5-20 drops of fragrance / essential oil
For the Deodorizer:
1. 5 oz Hydrogen Peroxide
3. 1 tsp Vinegar
4. 1 tsp baking soda
5. 4-20 drops of fragrance / essential oil
6. 1 pc Lemon (Cut in half)
1. 2 Clean Spray bottles
2. Measuring spoon / cup
Step 2: Formula 1: Disinfectant
1. Prepare the all the equipment and ingredients
2. Put in all the together and make sure to be cautious in handling the alcohol since it can be irritating and should only be used for external use.
3. After you put in all the ingredients, make sure to tightly close the spray lid of the bottle and keep it away from children.
Step 3: Formula 2: Deodorizer
Compared to the disinfectant, the deodorize has a lot of ingredients and essentially dry and wet ingredients which could react to each other. Now this is what you should do:
1. Pour in the hydrogen peroxide into the spray bottle;
2. Add the fragrance / essential oil;
3. Put in the lemon juice into the bottle;
4. Lastly, Add the baking soda to the mixture (Note that when you mix hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, a reaction occur so be careful)
Step 4: AND.... We're DONE!
You could definitely use other ingredients. This instructable doesn't necessarily mean that this is the best way to disinfect or deodorize pet accidents.
Honestly, I am still looking for more efficient, cost-effective, and environment friendly alternatives to clean and deodorize not only pet accidents but my whole house.
So, if you know more about how to do thing better. Please send me a link, any info, point me to a website or you can comment down below what I should do instead.
Thank you for reading my instructables I hope you enjoyed it!
Let me know what you think in the comment section down below.
* No animal was harmed in the creation of this instructable *
This is an entry in the
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.