Introduction: Rubber Band Powered 3D Printed Rocket
Step 1: Tube Design
Open up a new 3d design in Tinkercad,
For building the tube, the shape we need to create is a simple cylinder.
- Drag a Cylinder into the Tinkercad workplace
- Adjust width and depth to 15 mm by clicking the white corner
- Adjust the height of body tube to 80 mm
- Make a copy of above cylinder and make it hollow, adjust width and depth to 13 mm
Step 2: Fins Design
- Drag a Pyramid into Tinkercad Workplace
- Adjust width into 34 mm
- Adjust height into 31 mm
- Adjust depth into 1 mm
- Make a copy of above part and rotate it by 90 degree
Step 3: Nose Design
- Drag a Cone into Tinkercad workplace
- Adjust it's width and depth to 15 mm
- Adjust height to 15 mm
- Drag nose to a height of 80 mm
Step 4: Hook Design
- Drag one more Pyramid to the workplace
- Adjust depth to 1 mm
- Adjust width and height to 5 mm and 15 mm respectively.
- Drag it to height of 65 mm
Step 5: Watch Video!
The below video shows Tinkercad design of this project
Step 6: 3D Printing!
Export the design as .STL file to prepare for printing.
3D file is available at https://www.tinkercad.com/things/bHzAGyY7kv5#/
Step 7: Making Rocket From Scratch
Since I don't have access to a 3d printer,I could not upload the 3d printed part image.
I am a Maker
So I have made a rocket from scratch.I used an old pen's tube and foam boards to build this.I used foam board to build both fins and hook.
- Cover Pen tube with insulation tape
- Glue fins and hook by using hot glue gun
- Use rubber bands for launching
Step 8: Final Look
Step 9: Launching!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.