Get creative with your Halloween place settings! These fun bat napkins are a cinch, and take less than one minute to fold. No need to be an origami expert to master this technique.
These napkins are great for Halloween, but they would also be perfect for a Batman themed party!
Step 1: Seven Folds & You're Done!
For the best results you will want to start off with a freshly ironed square cloth napkin. I got these napkins from Pier 1 Imports, but any home store should have something similar. I haven't tried it with paper napkins, but I would image you could get similar results. If you try this (with paper napkins, or cloth) post a photo in the comments section below!
1. Lay out the napkin (wrong side up) on a flat work surface so the top corner is pointing up.
2. Fold the napkin in half by bringing the bottom corner up to the top corner.
4. Turn the napkin so the 90° is pointing down.
5. Fold the bottom 90° angle up and over the top edge of the napkin so about 2 inches is overlapping leaving a small triangle or point at the top. This will be the bat's head.
6. Hold your index finger at the center point on the bottom edge of the napkin and fold the right side up at a 45° angle to make one bat wing.
7. Repeat on the other side. Smooth the napkin with pressure as necessary to keep the folds in place.
8. Fold the top middle point down about one inch.
9. Press the middle of the top edge down to create the bat 'ears'. Congrats...it's a bat!
Repeat with as many bat napkins as you will need to set your Halloween scene!
Let me know what you think, especially if you try it out. :)