This project is an innovation to the ordinary "cornhole" or "bean bag toss" where instead of just a single hole on the board, there is a target with multiple point values like the game of darts. This is a very fun innovation for a sunny afternoon when the family is bored and there is nothing to do. This is easily accessible and comes with 3 bean bags for each team and portable bag to carry the bean bags. I hope that you enjoy this project because it took a lot of hard work and dedication to think of, design and build.
*Allow about 1 day in between painting each coat.
The purpose to this project is a game in which is played similarly to ladderball and cornhole in that you should stand between 10 and 15 feet away from the target. You can keep track of points however you want to and play to whatever high score that you want to in order to appease your needs. I did not include any numbers on the board because I think it is more fun to make up the numbers that you intend to be working with at th start of the game. I recommend using 50 points for the outermost section, 100 points for the middle section and 250 points for the center section and playing until someone reaches 1000 points(without going over or else your score goes back down to 750). These instructions are only a guideline as to if you would like to play this game that way, but make sure that you enjoy this game while playing it.
Step 1: Cut Out the Board
1. Go to your local store and get a 4 foot by 4 foot sheet of wood and acquire a jigsaw for this part of the project.
2. Draw lines on the board as a guide so that you have an idea of what you are going to be cutting.
3. Find a safe and large area where you can cut out your piece of wood.
4. Use the jigsaw to cut out the large circle which has a diameter of 4.
5. Cut out the smaller holes, which have a 6 inch diameter, in a pattern in which there are 3 sections of the board. In the first section(the middle one), put one of the mall holes in the center. In the second section(the middle one), put 4 holes so that they are parallel to the center circle in that 1 is north, south, eat, and west of it, respectively. In the third section(the outer one), put 8 holes in it, so that the holes are evenly spaced and they are placed north, northwest, west, southwest, south, southeast, east, and northeast of the middle hole in the first section.
6. Clean your area and wipe off the dust and wood scrapings that are on your board.
Step 2: Apply Tape
1. Put tape around the boundaries to the three sections so that your paint does not overlap when you begin painting. Make sure that when you put the tape down, that they are in the proper sections and exactly where you want it to be
Step 3: Gather Painting Supplies
1. You will either have to go to the store or find extra paint in your house that you can use to paint this project. get three separate colors so that you can have separate sections.
2. Acquire a type of paintings device such as a paintbrush or a sponge brush.
3. Get ready to paint the board.
Step 4: Paint Two Sections
1. Get newspapers and put them down o your table so that you do not make a mess that you are unable to clean up.
2. Paint the outside section one of the three colors the you have and paint the inside section a different one of the three colors that you have in your possession.
3. Let it dry then peel the tape off so that you have the outer and inner sections completely painted and completely dry.
4. Get ready to paint the inner section.
Step 5: Paint the Final Section
1. Get the paint that you have not used yet and open it and get it ready for use.
2. Paint in the section that is empty so that your board looks like the picture above(with the colors that you decided to use).
Step 6: Paint the Back
1. Repeat steps 4 and 5 so that there is an exact replica on the back of the board that you have on the front of the board.
Step 7: Get a Base
1. Go to your local store and acquire a piece of wood that is 2 inch by 10 foot.
2. Cut your wooden sticks in a way so that it looks like the above pictures, but is proportional to you own unique board.
3. There should be a total of 7 sticks of wood that are the following: 2 sticks that have slanted edges at the top and flat edges at the bottom to slant the board, 2 sticks that have slanted edges at the top and flat edges at the bottom but are shorter sticks that the previous 2 since the board will be slanted, a stick of wood with flat edges to connect the bottoms of the 2 long sticks, a stick of with flat edges to connect the bottoms of the two shorter sticks, and a stick of wood with flat pieces to connect the 2 pieces of wood at the bottom of the base.
4. Screw these pieces of wood together in such a way as explained in step 3 and to duplicate the pictures above.
5. Apply tape to the edges of where the pieces of wood are screwed into the painted board so that when the base is painted, the boar itself does not get the paint on it.
Step 8: Paint the Base
1. Get the color of your outermost layer on your board so that you can paint your base that color.
2. Paint the base so that paint covers every single angle on the base.
3. Your board is now completed.
Step 9: Get Materials for Bean Bags
1. Get materials that you want to work with for your bean bags and make sure that you have enough of this material for 3 bean bags of each color.
*Choose two separate colors so that there can be two different teams
Step 10: Wrap Beans in Plastic Wrap
1. Go to the store and get beans and plastic wrap so that you can work with them because you will need them for this step in this project.
2. Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on a table or floor.
3. Put about a handful and a half of beans in the center of that wrap and twist the wrap so that it looks like the second picture and you are ready to wrap them in your material.
Step 11: Start to Make Bean Bag
1. Get your two pieces of material and overlap them onto each other.
2. Staple 3 out o the 4 sides so that there is an opening at the top of the bag.
3. Place the wrapped beans inside of the bag and staple the top of the bag so that the bean bag is completely enclosed.
Step 12: Complete Your Bean Bags
1. Repeat steps 10 and 11 3 times for each material so that you have two separate teams and you can play the game as a competitive game.
2. Show off your game to all of your friends and practice so that you can beat everyone!!