This instructable shows you how to make a cardboard windmill.
Step 1: Supplies and Tools
- Cardboard of course
- Scissors or knife
- Hot glue gun
- Popsicle sticks
- Mod Podge
- Gray, blue, and white paint
- Hot glue sticks
- An old computer fan and cord
Step 2: Measure and Cut Cardboard
Measure cardboard with your ruler.
- Bottom panel 9 in. x 7 in.
- Side panels 9 in. x 7 in. Cut out two of these.
- Middle triangular panel 7 in. x 4 1/2 in. x 8 in. Cut out two of these.
- Roof side 9 in. x 7 in. Cut out two of these.
- Roof middle triangular panel 4 1/2 in. x 5 1/2 in. 5 1/2 in. Cut out two of these.
- Hinge piece 9 in. x 2 in.
Step 3: Hot Glue Everything Together
Take all of the pieces and glue them together.
- Glue one of the side panels to the bottom pieces
- Then glue one of the middle triangular pieces to the side pieces
- Now repeat the last two steps again
- Glue a roof side panel to a roof middle pieces
- And do that again
- Now glue the hinge to the roof and base
Step 4: Paint Windmill Base
Get your gray paint.
- Paint only the bottom half of the windmill gray
Step 5: Make a Door and Windows
Get some popsicle sticks, white paint, and blue paint.
- Cut a small piece off the popsicle stick 1/2 in. x 1/2 for a window
- Cut three thin strips from the remaining portion of popsicle stick
- Glue the three thin pieces to the first piece we cut to form a grid for the window
- Paint the window blue. When it dries, carefully paint the grid white.
- Cut two pieces off the popsicle stick (each three inches long)
- Glue the two pieces together side by side to create the door
- Cut a small square (for a window in the door) and super-small rectangle for the door handle out of popsicle stick
- Paint the door white. Let it dry and then paint the square window blue
- Now glue the small window and door handle to the door
Step 6: Build and Assemble and Paint the Roof and Propellers
Get your hot glue gun and popsicle sticks.
- Glue popsicle sticks onto the side of the roof
- And to the middle of the roof
- Now we need to make the propellers. Take four popsicle sticks.
- Glue two sticks together, overlapping 1/2 in. Repeat with the second set of sticks
- Glue the second set on top of the first set, forming an X
- Now paint the roof and propellers white
Step 7: Get Your Old Computer Fan, Hot Glue Gun, and Hot Glue Stick
Get or propellor that we made earlier
- Hot glue your old computer fan in place inside the windmill at the top in the middle
- Now get a hot glue stick and cut off two inches of it
- Then glue it to the propeller and the old fan
Step 8: Attach the Window and Door to the Windmill and Then Mod Podge
Get the window and door we made earlier.
- Hot glue the window on the front of the windmill under the propeller
- Hot glue the door to the front of the windmill
- Now Mod Podge the entire thing, even the roof and propellers