In this project we're gona transform an old cassete tape to high quallity MP3 Aux converter. Better to watch the video for FULL TUTORIAL.
Step 1: Disassembling the Radio
-First, seperate the speakers from the body and unsrew all screws that are holding the body together. My cassete motor didnt work so i just brake front plexi and the frame who is holding the tape in place
-Now we need to get this cassete magnetic heads which will transform our music signals to magnetic wavesS
-Just unscrew two swrews that are holding the head in place and cut the wires from the head becouse we will add a new one.
-This magnetic head has small piece of metal that we dont need so take it of with the pilers.
Step 2: Soldering and Wiring
-Unsolder left over wires from the head and find a suitable
cable with minimum of 3 wires inside
-Remove the isolation from the ends, put some solder on them and repeate the same proces on the other side as well. I used 3.5 mm metal jack which i get for about 1 euro. Plastic jack are three times cheaper but metal jacks looks more awsome
- Put some heatring tubes on the connections but if you dont have them use electric tape instead
- Two smaller pins are positive left and right channel and bigger pin is ground
- Fastst way to heat the tubes is to use a lighter and try not to burn them to much
- There will be three connections on the magnetic head. One that stands alone is ground and the others are left and right
- You can use another black heatring tube but i didnt have one so i used black electric tape to make all nicer and the cable is finished
Step 3: Modifying Cassette
- Now we need to modify our cassette tape
- Remove 5 small screws from the cassette
- Good trick is to use neodimium magnet to hold our screws together
- We need to cut off the middle frame for the screw and to that just take soldering iron and melt down the plastic untill it looks fine
- I used hot glue gun to secure the magnetic head to the cassete
- Drill a hole or melt down the plastic at the side of the cassette so the cable can go throught
- Screw back 4 screws and you are ready to test our finished product
Thank you for watching, please subscribe, like, comment and you can watch my previous video where I built fancy looking phone tripod mount. I will be very thankful for sharing and commenting this video becouse it really keeps me going and I will do more project soon...