In this time of festive season, everyone want to decorate their home / work place / garden etc. with their beautiful creativity and also with an economic way.
Here I am introducing an article of mine which may give you good knowledge to decor your house.
Step 1: Materials and Tools Required
1. Canvas Board / Cardboard 35 x 40 cm : https://amzn.to/2DVSwdH
2. Acrylic Color: https://amzn.to/2DWHZz8
3. Glitter Powder: https://amzn.to/2TDtdSq
4. Crepe Paper: https://amzn.to/2P2dt7R
5. Flower Making Wire: https://amzn.to/2THmWVK
6. LED String Light: https://amzn.to/2BuxxMU
7. Tree Branches
8. Beads: https://amzn.to/2THgvBZ
9. Craft Glue: https://amzn.to/2DYZAX8
10. Glue Sticks: https://amzn.to/2qZ9hMO
11. Jute Thread: https://amzn.to/2rsjPnL
1. Hot Glue Gun: https://amzn.to/2KuQC4o
Links for India
1. Canvas Board / Cardboard 35 x 40 cm : https://amzn.to/2PV2u5J
2. Acrylic Color : https://amzn.to/2PPbN74
3. Glitter Powder: https://amzn.to/2KuNYvw
4. Crepe Paper: https://amzn.to/2KBbd7j
5. Flower Making Wire: https://amzn.to/2KyzhYs
6. LED String Light: https://amzn.to/2KsZyY5
7. Tree Branches
8. Beads: https://amzn.to/2KvScmu
9. Craft Glue: https://amzn.to/2SbyIWW
10. Glue Sticks: https://amzn.to/2PQkU7J
11. Jute Thread: https://amzn.to/2zP1fuS
1. Hot Glue Gun: https://amzn.to/2DI2BKq
Step 2: Fold the Crepe Paper
First fold the full size crepe paper into 4 times as shown above.
Then mark the length of the petal and fold it according with its required width.
Step 3: Make Petals
Likewise, to get different sizes of petal, you have to cut it with different lengths.
I have made 4 different sizes of petal i.e 7cm , 6cm , 5cm and 4 cm.
You can make yours as per your flower demand.
Step 4: Curl the Petals
To give a natural petal look, take a tool like pen refill or pencil.
Curl the edges downwards.
You can watch the video for greater details.
Step 5: Make Flower Sepal
Fold the green crepe paper as shown above.
Cut the folded strip with triangular manner.
Step 6: Make Leaves
Fold the crepe paper four times.
Then cut the leaves by free hands.
Finally curl the edges downwards with help of a pen-refill.
Step 7: Make Flower Stem
I used flower making green wire for making the flower stem
Cut the wire of desired length by using a Wire Cutter / Nipper.
Step 8: Make Middle Portion of the Flower
As the middle portion of the flower which is shown in the figure has to covered by crepe paper, so its better to use news paper.
Squeeze the news paper like a oval shape and then fix it with flower stem made in earlier step.
I used hot glue to fix it.
Step 9: Flower Making
First cover up the news paper portion with crepe paper.
Then glue the petals one by one with gradually increasing sizes towards the out side.
The final out come will be like as shown in above picture.
You can watch the video for better knowledge.
Step 10: Fix Sepals
Now take a strip of sepal and roll it around the stem.
But you should keep in mind that it should be just below the flower.
Curl sepal as you have done earlier.
Step 11: Prepare the Canvas Board
I used a 14" x 18" canvas board for this project.
First colour it with black acrylic colour and let it be semi dry.
Sprinkle some glitter powder over the semi dried coloured canvas.
Let it be dry completely.
Step 12: Fix Dry Tree Branches
Collect some dry tree branches from your garden.
Fix these branches over the canvas board with the help of hot glue.
Glue the branches on a side and let the other side free for further decoration.
Step 13: Fix the Flower and Leaves
Glue the flowers and leaves to the tree branches.
Then fix the beads of contrast colours in to the middle of the flowers, to make it more gorgeous.
Make a thick golden boarder line by using golden acrylic colour.
Step 14: Make a Thread Bow
Take jute thread bundle, make it a bow shape.
Then fix it to the starting corner of the branches.
Step 15: Add Some Decorative Lights
I used a battery operated string fairy light to decorate the canvas.
Fix the fairy light randomly all around the branches.
Then stick the battery holder at the back side of the canvas by using a double sided tape.
Step 16: Final Outcome
Now the wall hanging is ready for decoration.
To get the glittering effect of the canvas, watch the demo video.
Mount the wall hanging at a suitable location and switch on the fairy light.
The look is really awesome.
Thanks for reading my Instructables.
This project is entered in to Holiday Decor Contest, please vote for me.