Ever thought about crafting your own drink coasters? Well, here is how!
Price: 1 – 5$ || Time: 1 – 3 h || Difficulty: Easy
Step 1: What You Need
For this project you will need:
- Napkins or printed pictures (on regular printer paper)
- Glue (that turns transparent when dry!)
- Rubber foam or cork.
- Tiles (white)
Step 2: Watch This First!
This video shows all steps in how to craft these drink coasters. The video is made by myself! :)
If you can not watch the video true the "picture frame", then you can follow this link instead! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFsZirrjyxQ
Step 3: Important Steps!
- If you use napkins, peal of all extra layers, you only want the layer with a pattern.
- While applying the first layer of glue. Apply the layer on the Tile and NOT on the napkin. Sins it is very fragile.
- You shall have at least 3 layers of glue, one to attach the napkin to the tile, and two layers on top to seal/protect the napkin from any liquid.
- The tile shall be white to no interfere with the pattern.
- Cut out a square that is large enough to cover the top of your tile.
- Apply a thick layer of glue to the tile and place your napkin square on top, make sure that you place it careful and don't break the paper.
- When it is dry, apply 2 more layers on top of the napkin.
- Remove any sharp edges (if you using printer paper).
- Apply a thick layer of glue on the bottom of your tile and place your cork or rubber foar square.
- Let dry and your done! :)
All steps are shown well in the previous step (in a video!).
Happy crafting! :)
If you liked this please take a look at my YouTube page. Subscribe to make sure you do not miss any fun projects that I do not post here. It means a lot to me! :)