I've been craving Oreo ice cream lately and instead of spending money on shakes whenever I get the chance, I decided to make some Oreo ice cream. I've really been into the no churn ice cream recipe that jessyratfink shared, so I decided to just add to it to make my tasty frozen treat!
To add a little variety, blend together this Oreo ice cream with some milk for an easy and tasty milkshake :)
Step 1: Ingredients and Supplies
- 2c Heavy Whipping Cream
- 14oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1-2 tsp Vanilla Extract - I used 1 overflowing teaspoon, you can use up to two if you want but with the Oreo cream I don't think you need as much
- 10 - 15 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (Oreos) - I used 20 and it made a pretty cookie heavy ice cream. I would say to use 10 and only go up towards 15 if you wanna be crazy! Share how many cookies you use if you decide to try it out!
- Chocolate Fudge (optional) - you can use regular chocolate sauce as well
- Mixer - you can use a hand mixer or do it by hand if you want but I don't recommend by hand
- Container - I used a 9 by 5 loaf pan and as you can see, it filled it up. Make sure your container can hold at least that much so it will fit.
- Mixing spatulas
- Zip Lock Bag or bowl with wooden spoon - for smashing OREOs
Step 2: Prepare Oreos
Start by preparing your Oreos. Separate the cookies into one bowl and the filling into another. Set aside the filling.
Mash up the cookies until they are the size you want them. Normally people put them in a zip lock and smash them, but I didn't feel like wasting a bag, so I put them in a bowl jut smaller than my hand, and while holding a hand over the top of the bowl, smashed them with a wooden spoon. This went well and I managed to not spill it. Just be careful and mix it up once in a while to make sure you get them all.
Step 3: Prepare Sweetened Condensed Milk Mix
In a big bowl (you are eventually going to mix everything in this bowl so make sure it is big enough to hold everything) mix together your sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and Oreo cream. You may have to just keep smooshing the Oreo cream with the spatula to get it mixed in.
Add in your Oreo pieces (you can do this now or add them to the final mix, your call). If you want some for on top of your ice cream, leave some pieces in the bowl for later.
Set everything aside.
Step 4: Whip and Mix
Whip up your heavy whipping cream until you get stiff peaks.
Carefully fold your whipping cream into your sweetened condensed milk mix.
Step 5: Finish It Up and Freeze
Now that you have your ice cream mix, you can stick it in the pan and into the freezer or this is the point you would add in your fudge/chocolate.
If you are going to add fudge, I recommend putting about 1/3 of your mix in your loaf pan. Then glob on your fudge (fudge just likes to glob) and carefully kind of swirl it into your mix. Now add another 1/3 of your mix and repeat with the fudge. Add the rest of your mix and add yet more fudge. I might have got a little overboard with my top layer.
(The Oreo bits may want to sink to the bottom of your bowl, so make sure you scoop some up each time you do a layer in your loaf pan to get them distributed.)
Finish it off by adding in your leftover cookie pieces on top. You don't have to do this, it just looks nice.
Stick it in the freezer. Give it at least 6 hours. It's pretty thick so it will probably take a while. I left mine overnight.
Step 6: Enjoy
Dish it up and enjoy :)