See how to make a stunning Exotic Crystal Ring:
See how to make your own stunning Crystal Ring with Swarovski crystals, dazzle in the evening, accessorize with this striking ring. If you make it all in one crystal color it will be pretty easy, please follow the instructions for the exact style, especially to turn the design around.
Take your time and concentrate so the seed beads face the same direction all on the top of the crystal ring, so watch which direction you put the needle through. You don't want to get all the way and then realize one is facing the wrong direction and you have to pull it out.
Follow the step by step instructions for one of my crystal ring patterns.
Enjoy yourself and have fun with the learning and creating your own crystal ring.
Step 1: Items You Will Need to Make the Exotic Crystal Ring:
18-4mm Czech Beads, 10/11 for band depending on size (for band you can use seed beads instead)
28-4mm Swarovski Crystal Beads, 4 in the center (a), 10 in lighter shade (b), 14 in dark shades (c) (you can use one color for all the crystals)
No.8 Jap seed beads or regular, 7 clear ones for top or you can use gold as well.
Fishing Line 0,20mm in thickness (fly or nylon)
2 No.10 Zohata beading needles with big eye
Hypo-cement or glue
Step 2: Base of Exotic Crystal Ring
Base of Exotic Crystal Ring
1. Thread 2 needles with nylon, adding 3 of the Czech beads, add the 4th bead to one of the threads, then cross other needle through it as well. It should look like 4 beads, like a miniature square.
2. Add 2 Czech beads on right needle, add the 3rd bead on left needle, cross through it with the other needle, making sure threads are on the right side, so it looks like 2 squares.
3. Add 2 Czech beads to needle on right, 1 to left needle, cross right needle through left.
4. Go through the Czech bead on the left, add 2 Czech beads on right needle, cross left needle through the 2nd bead on right needle.
5. Add 2 Czech beads on left needle, 1 Czech bead on right needle, cross left needle through right needle. You end up on the right side.
6. Add 3 Czech beads to left needle cross right needle through last bead on left needle.
7.Thread right needle through Czech bead on right, add 2 Czech beads to left needle, cross right needle through bottom, both threads come out of bottom side of Czech bead, shape should look like two triangles back to back.
Step 3: Top of Exotic Crystal Ring
Top of Exotic Crystal Ring
You can simply use one single color for this whole design; it will make the ring design a lot easier, or simply put a different color in the centre from a more striking effect (4. below).
1. Start with 2 needles with threads where you ended the base, just imagine you are looking upwards, or turn it so threads are at the right side triangle point is facing up. On thread from bottom left side of square add 1 Swarovski Crystal Bead in “b” color plus a seed bead, add 1 more of “c” crystal, threading from left side of little square to the right side, going through top Czech bead of base.
1.a. Take other needle from right side of square add 1 Swarovski Crystal Bead of “c” color go through seed bead (of step 1 you have done with “b” color), add the second
bead of “b” color, now go through left side Czech bead on base.
2. On thread from right add “c” crystal, a seed bead, another “c” crystal cross needle through Czech bead from left to right.
2a. On threads from left add “b” crystal, cross through seed bead, a “c” crystal, cross thread trough Czech bead from right to left. You now have two small flowers, thread needles through so you end up to the TOP left Czech bead to the left of the 2 flowers.
3. Turning design around so threads are at the bottom: On right thread add 1 “c” crystal, 1 seed bead, a “b” crystal, to left side of Czech bead, cross through.
3a. On thread from left side add a “c” crystal, go through seed bead, a “b” crystal then cross from right through Czech bead.
4. This will be the center of the ring, the one done in the “a” Swarovski Crystal Bead in one neutral color: From right add the “a” crystal, a seed bead, another “a” crystal, thread needle through right Czech bead. Repeat from left side, going through seed bead already there, crossing through left side of Czech bead. All the “a” crystals are used.
5. Repeat Step 1 and 1a now, you should have 5 little flowers now.
6. Thread needles through so you end up to the left of top of triangle, turn design around so threads are at the bottom; you should see the 2 empty flowers still to be done.
On right thread add “c” crystal, a seed bead, another “c” crystal, go through left of Czech bead.
6a. On left thread add “c” crystal, go through seed bead from before, add a “b” color crystal go through right side of Czech bead.
7. On right thread add “b” crystal, a seed bead, a “c” crystal go through Czech bead from left to right.
7a. On left thread add “c” crystal, go through seed bead from above add a “b” crystal go through right side of Czech bead ending on the right side.
Finishing off Exotic Crystal Ring
I sew through all the crystals again, strengthening top crystals. I then added small gold seed beads (you can use clear ones or matching your crystals) to go between the Czech beads on the outside to finish off the design nicely.
Knot the 2 threads together in centre of base of Czech beads, underneath, add a dollop of cement/glue. Tidy up by sewing threads into base.
Step 4: Band of Exotic Crystal Ring
Band of Exotic Crystal Ring
You can simply use all seed beads for band, up to you entirely.
1. Looking at design of ring, pointy bits on top and bottom, holding longer bit vertically. Get a strand of nylon line on 2 needles, then thread through right side of seed bead (2 seed beads should be visible jutting out from 2 Czech beads to the right.
1a. Add 3 gold seed beads on each thread; add 1 Czech bead, cross the other needle through Czech bead.
2. Add 3 more seed beads on each, then 1 Czech bead and cross through with other needle.
3. Carry on until desired length, I used 5 Czech beads (a bit small, 6 a better bet), you might need 6 Czech beads. Adjust, measure on finger as you make the band, or use a ring sizer
(free download paper ring sizer on the web)
4. I did a double row, go to other seed bead jutting out between 2 Czech beads, you should be facing the left of the row just done.
4a. Add 3 gold seed beads to left needle, on right add 1 gold seed bead, thread through middle of 2nd seed bead on the right already done row, add another gold seed bead, add a Czech bead, cross other needle through Czech bead.
5. Repeat 4a. Until you come to other end. I go through the bands again to strengthen will the thread. Knot at the base of crystal ring, add a dollop of glue and finish by threading nylon through to hide ends. You are now finished and have an exciting Exotic Crystal Ring to use as a gift or for yourself, well done on finishing this exciting project.
See some of my other popular crystal ring patterns:
How to make Swarovski Crystal Rings
See how to make a Stunning 4 flower Crystal Ring
Easy 3 Flower Crystal Ring