In this instructable I show you how you can make vegan gluten-free hazelnut paste Nutella.To make the nutella you just need 4 ingredients and a food processor.
You start with 2,5 cups of hazelnut. Preferably skinned as it takes you less work. Heat the oven at 400 F/200 C and heat the hazelnuts for 12-15 minutes on a baking tray. Take them out of the oven and use a paper towel to rub the skin of the hazelnuts. You can try to put hazelnuts with skin in hot water first to remove the skin before putting them in the oven. The reason why you put the hazelnuts in the oven is to release their natural oils which you need when turning the hazelnuts into a butter.
Now it is time to put the skinned hazelnuts in a food processor. Let it run for at least 6 minutes. In the meanwhile heat 200 gram of pure chocolate au bain marie until totally desolved. If you like a more chocolate type flavor add more pure chocolate. Take the pan and bowl of the stove but leave the bowl on the pan. This to prevent the chocolate from going solid again. When the hazelnuts turns into a thick butter add the chocolate, 1 teaspoon to 1,5 teaspoon of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt no more than ¼ tsp of salt.
Let the food process run for at least another 6 minutes to get a creamy silky texture hazelnut butter. This is the amount of time it takes with my food processor, but it can take less or longer, depending on how powerful your food processor is.
Spoon the nutella into a jar (don’t eat all just yet) and there you go, tasty nutty hazelnut vegan nut butter Nutella.
Step 1: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the hazelnut Nutella? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 2½ cup of hazelnuts.
- 200 gram pure chocolate (or more if you like a more chocolate flavored hazelnut butter)
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract.
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Food processor.
Step 3: Instructions
- Pre heat the oven at 400 ℉ and bake the hazelnuts between 12-15 minutes.
- If you have skin on the hazelnuts remove then by rubbing them with a paper towel.
- Add the hazelnuts to a food processor and let it for 6 minutes.
- Heat the chocolate au bain-marie until completely dissolved. Take pan of the heat and set aside the bowl on top of the pan.
- Add the melted chocolate, vanilla extract and salt to the hazelnut paste. Run food processor for another 6 minutes. Optional add a scoop of (vegan) protein powder.
- Spoon the hazelnut paste into a glass jar. Let is cool before putting the lid on.
- Store outside the refrigerator in a dark cupboard.
Step 4: Notes
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.