Living in Colorado these days has some amazing benefits. Being able to fight chronic pain with the chronic is just one of many. (We also have more breweries than any other state, by capita.) I have decided to dive into the world of edibles with this non-gmo, gluten free treat, and I have to say that it was delicious.
This is actually a two part recipe as I have also included the trail mix I created with the Rice Krispie Treats. The video shows everything but you can view the recipe on the next page.
Step 1: Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
- 10 oz. Dandies Vegan Marshmallows
- 4 cups Barbara's Organic Brown Rice Crisps
- 6 oz. Trader Joe's Butter
- 7 grams Golden Goat Marijuana Sativa
- 3 qt. Sauce Pan
- 13 X 9 inch Pyrex dish
- Butter Knife
- Set your burner on low heat and add the butter
- Grind your marijuana into a fine powder and sprinkle it on the melting butter
- Once the two have slowly combined, add the marshmallows
- Stir continuously until the marshmallow starts to melt, coat them well with butter as you go
- When the mixture is creamy, slowly add your Krispies - stirring as you go
- Once all of the ingredients have fully blended, transfer them into your Pyrex dish
- Spread evenly with the spatula
- Let sit for 15 minutes, cut and eat
In hindsight, I would have added Hemp Hearts, Sunflower Seeds, Cashews or other ingredients to add to the great taste, I'll save that for next time.
These Rice Krispie Treats are not like the official treats you buy at the convenience store, the groovy marshmallows I used do not have the fluffers (yoga mat material) the other brand adds. They are just as tasty, just not as foamy.
I used a portion of my treats to make a Trail Mix, which can be viewed in the video or the next page. ----->
Step 2: Rice Krispie Treat Trail Mix
Using a portion of my treats, I added fruit, nuts and pretzels. There are a great many of combinations you can use to make a great mix. This is just an idea of combinations.
- Dry Roasted Peanuts
- Grab whatever you have in the cupboards and mix to taste.