Follow the Steps to create a Obstacle Avoid Robot Using Arduino Uno And IR Proximity Sensor
Step 1: Parts Required
1) Arduino Uno R3 (Clone will do)
2) IR Proximity Sensors ( 2 Recommended)
3) Chassis With Motors
5) L293D Motor Driver Board
6) 9V Batteries with battery Caps (2 battery and 2 caps)
7) Jumper Cables
Step 2: Connections of IR Proximity to Arduino
Join Jumper cables from 2 IR proximity Sensors.
Connections From IR Proximity To Arduino
1) Connect the 5V Jumper wire from IR Proximity Sensor to 5V on the Arduino. (Use a breadboard for connecting multiple jumpers)
2) Connect the GND Jumper wire from IR Proximity Sensor to GND on the Arduino. (Use a breadboard for connecting multiple jumpers)
Step 3: Connecting IR Sensors and Motors to Arduino UNO
1) Connect the IR Data Pins That We Left In Step 2 On The Breadboard.
2) From The Breadboard Connect The Jumper To Analog pin 3
3) Connect 1st Set of IN Pins From L293D To Digital Pin 2 and 3
4) Connect 2nd Set of IN Pins From L293D To Digital Pin 4 and 5
Step 4: Connecting L293D Motor Driver Board to Chassis
In L293D there are 4 Input Pins and 4 Output Pins. You Need To Connect The Output Pins To Motors And Input Pins To Arduino. There Will Also Be A Set Of Pins + and - Which Need To Be Powered By External Battery
Step 5: Programming Arduino Using Windows/MAC
Upload the following Program On your Arduino UNO.
Usual Mistakes Made:
1) Select the Correct Port Before Uploading the Program.
Step 6: Powering the Circuit
Now Power the Arduino And L293D With A External 9V Battery.