Martabak is one of famous Javanese traditional food.
But now, we will sliced it like pizza. So... We call it: Pizza van Java
Step 1: Ingredients
• 400gr flour
• 520ml water
• 5 tablespoons of sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• ½ teaspoon of baking soda
• Colorful chocolate
Step 2: Making the Dough
• Mix eggs, salt, sugar and ¼ baking soda together in a large bowl till the dough a bit bubbly.
• Pour the flour and water in the dough, stir it with mixer.
• Cover the dough and let stand for 60 minutes.
Step 3: Heat the Pan
Make sure you heat the pan until hot enough.
Step 4: Time to Bake
• Took a glass of dough (240ml; depend on the size of your pan)
• Give it a little baking soda, just a little, then mix it.
• Pour it to the pan.
• Reduce the heat.
• When the dough start to bubbly, reduce the heat again, sow the sugar over it.
• Cover the pan for about 1 minute.
Step 5: Topping
Your martabak is ready.
Spread the butter on it
Cut into 8 pieces like pizza.
Give each slice with different color of chocolate and or grated cheese.