I found this recipe for a preserved lemon tapenade and couldn't wait to try it. I love preserved lemons for their unique and zesty taste - they worked perfectly in this tapenade.
This is my take on the recipe as I added some ingredients and changed it to suit my taste.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1 cup green olives
- 2 tablespoons preserved lemon
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4-5 small tomatoes
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
You'll need a food processor for this recipe.
Step 2: Prepare Ingredients
- Take the olives off of their pits with a sharp knife;
- Remove the pulp from the preserved lemon, and rinse the rind well. Chop the rind into smaller pieces;
- Cut the cloves of garlic into smaller pieces;
- Chop the chives;
- Remove the tomoto centres - these are mainly for colour and you don't want to water down the tapenade with tomato pulp; and
- Crumble the feta cheese up.
Step 3: Process
Pulse everything in a food processor until the desire consistency is reached.
I have a small processor so I had to do this in stages and spoon the mixture into a bowl. If you have a larger food processor you could do this all in one step.
That's all there is to it.
I served this on crusty bread as an appetizer. This would also be great as a pasta topping.