In this instructable I'm going to show you, how to make your own USB flash drive bracelet. I've seen quite a few before, but never really liked the designs. My goal was to hide the flash drive entirely in the bracelet. I decided to make one with yarn and after a short search I found this amazing blog post, that already showed what I had in mind.
Step 1: What You Need
• Embroidery thread (I used about 12m)
• Flexible cardboard
• Duct tape
• Super glue
• Verbatim TUFF 'N' TINY USB Flash Drive (e.g. on amazon.com)
Cut the cardboard to a width of 3.2 cm and a length that matches your wrist. Remember to make it slightly longer, because the yarn and duct tape will make it tighter.
Then fold the cardboard length wise in half and tape it close with the duck tape, but remember to leave the ends open, as shown in the first image. Cut one end open, put duct tape on the inside and tape it back close. This side is going to be your cap so make sure that it fits without sliding out. Now peel the casing of the flash drive off. To smoothen the edges of it (else the end can be seen through the bracelet) fold a piece of cardboard and use the super glue to glue it to the flash drive. Leave enough space as shown in the third picture to make sure that you get a tight fit. Glue the flash drive to the inside of your tube and make sure that it closes, without leaving a gap.
Start by dividing the length of your bracelet by the number of colours you would like to use and how often you would like to use each, to know how long each segment is going to be.
Use tape to secure the first yarn and apply super glue to the rim of your bracelet, to prevent it from sliding down. Wrap the yarn around your bracelet, as close as you can and once you are done tape the end to it as shown in the second image. To change the colour tape the new one slightly above the old one and wrap it around as close, as possible. Once you are done secure the end of the last colour by applying super glue underneath it.
Have fun with your new bracelet.
Finalist in the
TariqulS made it!