Arduino Powered Headdress
The project so far. I still need to add the eyes. At the last minute, there was a short, or some other problem with them, and no more time to troubleshoot before I had to go to the party.
I love how you put the electronics inside the hat! Brilliant!
Here are some construction photos. I had to omit two of the shapes, because my head isn't big enough to fit them all. I used my next door neighbor's motorcycle battery. You can see it charging in the photo. I wore the hat for about six hours and the battery kept up. I kept it in the front pocket of my hoodie. Oh, and I ended up ditching the rigid foam core and used 2 mm EVA foam instead. I liked its lightness and flexibility. The layer of translucent plastic on each side added plenty of rigidity to the wings.